Playing With Glycerin

I figured I should take another stab at Stirling, to see if I could tweak my old favorite. I powdered the wet puck with bentonite, and applied pumpkin juice to my wet face. Didn't work. Hair pretty soft, no burn, but the SC was definitely fractured, with visible flakes, like my other glycerin and clay frankensoap. In for a penny, I followed it with oil, powder, and moisturizer to conceal the damage, putting alum in the defensive role with blue aftershave.

What am I going to do with these soaps? The only thing I know they excell at is pit cleaning. When an area of skin is already continually moist, it seems like the surface cannot be broken. Or maybe it's like shaving the creases beside my chin: slack in the skin from flexion makes aggression more tolerable. Probably both factors help.

Meanwhile, an interesting "ethnic" section came to the beauty aisle at Dollar Tree. Dr. Miracle's Soothing Elixir looks like the most moisturizing substance possible, a clear, thick liquid resembling glycerin, but actually having water and propylene glycol before it in the extensive ingredients list. It did stop my itching and dandruff, so, like the foot experiment, I have to admit that glycerin isn't always the dynamite to the skin barrier that I think of it as being. Like when I use it to protect from chlorine damage, expanding the substrata seems like a good defensive move, if the SC is being disintegrated by other means anyway.

I also picked up the butter for stimulating hair growth. Hey, you never know.

2 comments:

  1. Low humidity, dry weather, new razor and cream has left me with skin that a dermatologist would run from!

    Splotches of dry dandruff looking areas and soreness from razor burn has told me to back off and go at it again using mild methods I know have worked in the past.

    So back to the Weishi with a Voskhod blade, my Van der Hagen Creamo Cream mixture followed by nivea for sensitive skin and one bullock and unspotted lamb to the shaving gods and I hope to be good as new in a few days.

    Oh the pain and agony of having sorrowfully sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollar Tree "Psoriasis" cream is a good fix, though the salicylic acid makes it, like pumpkin juice, a bad habit. Cocoa butter has soothing power, guilt-free!

    So you're into creams? I think of them as extra glycerin, but there is such a thing as liquid soap, and KMF to me is like your Cremo. Tried C.O. Bigelow early, then forgot about them as a class.

    ReplyDelete