Stella To The Rescue

Baili BD177 "Stella" handled both the aggressive Astra SS blade, and my habitual aggression, by giving me a nice, even, "velvety" shave, aka CCS. The bump near my contralateral jaw corner began to shrink. But the next day, I was backsliding, loosening the blade slightly for light touchups.

And today, I was back at it, taking advantage of Tabac to go BBS, with a thoroughly modern technique: ATG under the jawline on pass 1. Not to shave closer per se, but to avoid the skin, and coincidentally shaving closer than WTG. Planing the hair away in mid-air... or mid-lather, rather. I suppose this must be how the Feather and other picky-blade people operate, on a regular basis. Then, pass 2, back at the skin ATG, and pass 3, opened up and full leverage. I guess I was relaxed enough about the Adam's apple to earn a technical disqualification, had cotton been applied.

This razor is really growing on me. Cheap looking, but proves itself repeatedly. The picky blades are growing on me. The BBS is sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment