Piss Poor Shave

I liked the model established by yesterday's shave, where the preshave emulsion did more than oil cleansing, and helped define skin permeability. Today I rubberized my skin using the homemade shaving oil, and clean-catch urine.

Yep, you heard right. I have a small ceramic cup, purportedly for brush soaking, originally a bamboo planter, which hasn't gotten much use. It shall henceforth be the mixing vessel for solutes. Maybe I should put a label on that... nah, it's implied by proximity and matching to my Williams bowl.

This... is... well, you really don't want to know what this is.
With that soap and my white nylon, black rubberized synthetic brush, I should have gone with the matchy-matchy Super Speed, but I left the Feather in the RM2003, with no shims.

The ease with which the blade was cutting through my stubble was noticeable, and I got pretty excited. Maybe this was the magic preparation, finally, to saturate my beard like a long swim in seawater, or an afternoon on the lawnmower. But it turned out to be the shadiest shave ever, despite two and a half passes, including ATG.

Close... not really. Comfortable, yes. Socially acceptable? The jury is out on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment