Twice Daily

Shaving, that is -- though Mo' Shave November is intimately concerned with glandular health...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VehHn55raYg (song by The Wurzels)
At night I shave my head, and in the morning, my face. All that shaving in one stand was getting tedious, even for one who enjoys it. The thrill of discovery has passed. I do still hope to become more efficient.

On the other hand, this is a great opportunity to use up those blades that I find less than ideal, as the scalp isn't nearly as picky, and my head hair will kill any edge before it gets broken in, anyway. I don't mind taking a few extra strokes, just for now. I'm still not modulating the pressure correctly (erring on the light side, I think), and struggling with hand coordination, too. Slowly, the position and direction of each hand, tracking over the back of my head, are coming into alignment, as I learn to shave blind. Good skill to have in the bank, I suppose; I've always admired the blind folks on the forums.

The best news, though, is that I'm back to my new favorite razor, the Travel Tech. I toyed with using separate razors, but it's cool; I'm finding new degrees of light touch, even with smooth blades. Which do stab and raise a bump here and there, and leave an odd stub or two under my jaw. Generally, l'm just as comfortable as when I had the straight-legit BBS. The only slight disappointment, is that I am resigned to bedtime stubble, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment