Brush is Not Acrylic

And not one fine artist shaver came forward to correct my mistake... what a cultured lot you are! ;) The YouTube search returns for brush repairs included the phrase "acrylic brush," but that actually means, brush for acrylic nail polish or paint, so... fine, I'm the dumbass. Also, eyeglass frames are made of acetate -- which does share two letters with acrylic, but no money from big wheel for me. I refer you to a more current-affairs shaving blog for further speculation on the "tuxedo" type brush material:


Been having some rather shitty shaves lately, but I believe all of my razors are back in rotation with respect to my head, at least. Baili BD-177 "Stella" made quick work of both shaving domains tonight with a Wilkinson Sword blade, but left a couple spots bleeding, some new kind of nick I don't get on my face. Earlier this week, some keratinous shit (solar keratosis) was erupting from both sides of my forehead, as far back as the right ear, and the razor showed no mercy. Well, I'm smooth now! I tried a 3-blade cartridge in the shower, and that went about how you'd expect. I'm really appreciating the covered blade tabs of the Baili razors, because I do like to go digging near my ears. When that tab hits, it feels like there's going to be a ruptured artery, with a painful, horrible POP! Hasn't happened yet, though.

My skin seems to have completed its toughening transition in about a month -- which is simply the turnover time for my shave-exfoliated epidermis, I suppose. I'll probably start growing hair back after Thanksgiving. The bald spots will still be there, though I do feel a nice little rough patch coming up from the southern hair jungle into the desert of my crown. I've dabbed with Nizoral now and then, when I get a shower, which they say is poor-man's Minoxidil. I also have that Dr. Miracles ointment from the Dollar Tree when I want some moisturizing. Coconut, jojoba... I play it by ear, so nothing like my usual bathroom research trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment