Mo' Shave November

I don't have a vintage Gillette New Improved. I do have a Rimei with a brass Razorock handle, that is similar to the later "NEW." The straight bar is just a little nicer to my skin and filtrum. That's the part under my nose. Oh, dammit -- I forgot to grow a moustache for Movember again. I blew all my donating money on non-Republican political candidates for last November, too. I guess that means I'll have to be the organized opposition to No-Shave November, then... ;-)

Shaving -- The Facts

November: Time to STF Up

Cancer Isn't Real

Guns are for Everyone

Stop Playing With Your Balls

Double Your Prostate, Double Your Fun

Participation entails trolling online bulletin boards and, of course, shaving your head. No moustache, but still pretty creepy. Isn't that true of any form of personal grooming, when turned to collective intents? Oh -- case in point: priests, which I think is the fundamental vibe my new look is tuned to. Took me awhile to pick up on reactions, but with the glasses, yep, I see it now. I'm Father McShavenhead. Friar Curly. I could have passed for Jewish before, but I'm like, extra white, now. (Jesus, am I empathizing with skinheads?) Definitely not Native American enough for my liking, at the moment.

Shaving my head has certainly been a learning experience, though. The Rimei had to be handled a little more carefully than the Merkur, but got it done almost as well. I got one nick on the top (where few will see it), and I can tell it's not quite even, though it was completely smooth initially. I guess this means I'm good enough to try the Tech again, but... do I really want to? I'll give myself the month to think about it. I still make odd errors of confusing left and right, working on the back of my head.

The Rimei face shave was a welcome step back to the familiar, at least. The skin-friendliness of the Merkur that I noted in the last post did not endure, unfortunately. Makes me think it was only good that time because of the prior, Ming Shi shave. If I shaved my head with the Rimei tomorrow, I bet it wouldn't be as good, either.

Tabac was the second reliable workhorse pulling today's shave, and I realized something. Witch Hazel is especially compatible with it, smell-wise. I think that if I worked with animals, and had more need of deodorant, Tabac would be my favorite over Williams. The "build-a-film deodorant" method reached the height of its power with Tabac as pit-wash, Witch Hazel and alum as dual astringents, and lanolin foot creme (I think) as the oil film. (It was either foot creme or hand creme, I stole from my wife some time ago in a little circular storage container for some forgotten purpose.) I guess I'm okay with lanolin, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Donate money to politicians? Why give money to rich people? You are much better off buying gold, silver and lead! :-)

    I’ve been thinking of pulling my Rimie out of the shave box. Not quite sure yet. My “Lord Maggard” has been giving me some great shaves the the last few months.

    In case you are wondering..... https://tenminuteshave.blogspot.com/2017/07/lord-maggard.html

    ReplyDelete