Socially Acceptable?

Definitely "bald"

I mistakenly turned up the Ming Shi, and gave myself a cut below the eye. I don't know what I was thinking, trying to get aggressive WTG; but I remembered an easier way to get a less close shave, with TTO "Stella," BD177. Stubble before bedtime is now decidedly more acceptable than the skin damage I was seeing, cut aside.

Needing a haircut, I suspected the seasonal change was driving my scalp toward dandruff, by thickening that skin, too. So I figured I'd use Stella to bring a safe degree of exfoliation there, too. Head shaving is very different, I quickly discovered. It was quite a struggle just to get down to the skin, because the follicles were so dense (in most places), albeit with finer hair. Blade wanted to skip... I had to use that weird modern shaving technique, like I've done under my chin, of going ATG to avoid digging.

The Razorock Torsionshobel fixed that, making it feel like shaving, at least. But I had to call it quits before getting a nice shine, and gave my face 2xWTG to match.

Smooth


It might have just been the relative impression next to the head shave, but the Cloud I've been using seemed tired, and I picked a good ol' Personna in the hope of falling into old habits. Which is to say, smooth shaves, which yet destroy cotton pads. Once again, it seemed a bit rough shaving my face after coming down off the dome. I have to conclude, shaving one's face is just much harder than head shaving.

And I DID get down to the skin, this time, so it was DFS to match. Shaving my head may have inspired me to groom my eyebrows, nose and ear hair like never before, late that first night, but it put a moderating perspective on my summer BBS habit.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I got that feeling, myself -- being bald certainly gives an unfavorable perspective on unkempt eyebrows, ear and nose hair!

      Delete
    2. Haha very true. Also, Oxford comma?

      Delete
    3. I can hardly proofread this shit, much less set a style for punctuation! I guess I've been playing with the idea of letting it go.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... For me, what's not turning grey is turning loose. Some heads were just not meant to be covered up.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking this opportunity for a clean shot, to apply some Dr. Miracles growth balm to the crown area. :)

      Delete