Not Incommensurable

Classic shaving met neotraditional shaving on reddit, the past couple months, and I'd like to think it was mutually beneficial, unlike my time as a novice at badgerandblade.com. Now that I've gone to the trouble of mastering DE shaving, that is... which, ironically, was only possible through patent disregard of most of the information available on the internet. I found the current generation of struggling shavers quite receptive, and tried to narrow it down for them similarly.

The trolls were utterly the same, incapable of development; but I think it's fair to say they aren't fooling many people into thinking that cartridges shave as well as a straight or safety razor. "The truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not be believed."

The gem in the dialogue for me, this time around, was this interaction with /u/CAMEL_HUMPer. Doesn't there seem to be something fishy about the way he drew me out? I know a guy who lives on Camel's Hump -- a central Vermont landmark mountain, featured on our state quarter -- who once tried to help me with my shaving. Perhaps he is helping me still; for suddenly, I found myself translating the sliding stroke paradigm into "pressure and angle" terms. I wouldn't have thought it possible!

Sliding lowers the threshold of angle and pressure at which the cut is initiated. Less pressure toward the skin, lower angle: less skin damage.

Everything I write is gold, of course. My prose rose to apothegm quality when inspired by one of a few online acquaintances I found hanging out there, /u/FrugalShave:

The knowledge is culturally extinct. There is no Gungan city... just a lot of Jar Jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment