Voskhod Nails It

ZZZZZZIPP! The perfect stroke against the grain: keen traction to reach the sweet spot right above the root of the hair, sharpness to make the cut at a safely low angle, smoothness to forgive user error. Voskhod after less than a week of shaves (I'm not actually counting, and have been keeping an odd schedule). I snuck up on this Super Speed shave with a couple light shaves in the torsionshobel, and found I had enough skin to shave 3 times in 24 hours. So, I went for the BBS, and made it.

It doesn't seem that the edge is being worn back into the first bevel, like my face did to the Shark. I see just a little band of glint at the edge, then the wide, dull, coated ground portion. So I haven't broken any Excalibur threshold, here. The blade has merely been shown to be useful through its factory-designed range of wear.

First pass was the scariest, displacing skin forward on my chin and buttresses before the cut. I can't imagine that being much of a technical barrier, though. So, who knows how far this blade can go?

No comments:

Post a Comment